(2 lbs.) Beef Stew Meat
(2-4) Slices of Bacon
(1 teaspoon) Salt
(1/2 teaspoon) Pepper
(1) 10.5oz can of Condensed French Onion Soup
(1 cup) Apple Cider
(1 lb.) Sweet Potatoes, peeled, cut into 1" pieces (about 3 cups)
(1) Medium Onion, sliced long and thinly
(1/2 lb.) Sliced Mushrooms
(1/4 cup) Dried Cranberries (optional)
- Cook bacon until it is crispy.
- Brown (Sear) the beef cubes in the bacon grease and season with the salt and pepper.
- Break up the bacon into pieces.
- Put the beef, bacon, condensed soup and apple cider in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour & 45 minutes.
- In the mean time:
- Slice your onion. Sauté the onion and mushrooms.
- Cut up the sweet potatoes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, onion, mushrooms, and cranberries (if desired).
- Simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.